Nobody lives a perfect life

The perfect life only comes true in dreams, a make-believe reality. And the next best thing we can do with our life is to accept our imperfections and make the most out of it. Life is short so live it to the fullest.

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Birthday Week 2011 Day 1 (May 13): Massage at Shui Hilot Healing Spa

To start off my birthday week, I decided to take the rest of the afternoon off from the office and get a spa tereatment at Shui Hilot Healing Spa.


Shui Hilot Healing Spa facade

I got a really good deal from Groupon Metrodeal. I had to pay Php 345 only for services worth Php 1150 --  a heavenly Shui Hilot Triple 90 min. Combo Massage and Foot Treatment.

The spa is located at the G/F Tropical Palms , Perea St., Legaspi Village, Makati City, less than 20 minutes commute by cab from my office at HV dela Costa Street. My appointment was at 3pm but I got at the spa around 1:30pm. Thank God I didn' have to wait long because they started my treatment immediately.

My feet being soaked in warm water before the foot massage.

After drying my feet, the therapist asked me to go to the foot massage area. She then rubbed virgin coconut oil and started the massage. She also used a stick which they call dagdagay.

The therapist using the dagdagay.

And the foot massage begins.

The foot massage lasted for about 30 minutes. I was then asked to occupy one of the rooms for the body massage. I had an hour of relaxation. :) This time, the therapist used a method called Ventosa Massage Cupping Therapy. According to an article at http://ezinearticles.com/?Ventosa-Massage-Cupping-Therapy&id=3613822, it is performed by placing glass on specific accupoints on your back. A technique is used to create a vacuum inside the glass placed on your back which lifts the skin. The practitioner then moves the cup toward the outside parts of the body sucking the air away. At Shui, the therapist places a lighted candle inside the glass and waits until the flame goes out.

After the Cupping Therapy, she then proceeded with the massage. I would have fallen asleep if they had rooms with locks. Unfortunately, the "rooms" at the spa are separated only by curtains. Nevertheless, I still enjoyed my one hour of massage, except for the times when I was tickled. Yes, I'm a very ticklish person and it's my ultimate pet peeve when I'm having a masssage. Haha! :p The masseuse asked me a couple of times if the pressure she was applying was enough or if i wanted a more delicate or stronger one.

So my verdict for this spa? For the service, it's a thumbs up. But for the interiors, they can do a lot more, especially with the facilities. It would be better to have individual rooms with doors and locks so that the customers will feel more at comfortable. 

To learn more about the spa, you can visit their site at http://www.shuihilotspa.com/ and to get a chance of availing great deals, visit and register at http://www.metrodeal.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment