Nobody lives a perfect life

The perfect life only comes true in dreams, a make-believe reality. And the next best thing we can do with our life is to accept our imperfections and make the most out of it. Life is short so live it to the fullest.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Birthday Week 2011 Day 5 (May 16): Shopping for Birthday Clothes

I'm a shopaholic but not quite close as that of Rebecca Bloomwood's addiction. ;p If I really don't need it, I try not to buy it, though there are times that I find an excuse to do so, like for future need. Haha! 

And I would like to think that I am a reasonable shopper. Most of the time, I don't really go for branded stuff. As long as it is comfortable and looks good on me, I buy it. Who needs a branded piece of clothing when it doesn't suit you? In other words, "hindi mo keri dalhin". Most of the good finds I have are from St. Francis Square and Landmark-Trinoma. :)

Anyway, since my birthday was coming up, I decided to look at some clothes. I intended to buy one top but ended up buying 2 tops and a dress. From the office, I went straight to Trinoma and looked around the boutiques to find a good buy. Normally, I'd go straight to Folded&Hung but they don't have new pieces that suit my taste at the moment so I decided to explore the other shops.

First stop: Freeway

The items on sale at the store looked good so I decided to try on a light yellow blouse and a black&white dress. I wasn't able to take pictures though when I tried on the dress because I was too lazy to take off my pants. Haha! In the end, I decided to buy the light yellow blouse. I'll just take a photo of it and post it next time.

Second stop: Penshoppe

I already looked around the shop days before and I was able to spot 2 nice tops.

Round neck red and white-striped blouse, worth Php 329.

Gray razorback with flower bolero jacket, worth Php 899.
I purchased the first one. Not only was it cheaper but I really liked the red shade and decided that it will be what I will wear on my birthday. The second one looked cute but I should have gotten a size bigger than what I have requested. I guess, since I was too lazy to try on the right size, I decided to just not get it.

Third stop: Tomato

Whenever I want to buy a really nice and chic dress, I go to Tomato. I just love their collection of clothes. They got really nice pieces which are really affordable and reasonably-priced.

I tried on 2 dresses.

Satin silk dress with flower designs, worth Php 750

Green cotton dress with flower designs, worth Php 700

Though I really liked the green dress, I chose the satin silk dress instead. I chose it because it's not body-hugging so I can hide those baby fats. ;p The material is also ideal for the hot weather we have right now. Also, it can be used in semi-formal occasions and on casual gatherings as well.

All 3 boutiques are located at the 1st level of the Trinoma Mall.

P.S. I discovered a new camwhoring activity : taking photos inside fitting rooms! :))


No comments:

Post a Comment