Nobody lives a perfect life

The perfect life only comes true in dreams, a make-believe reality. And the next best thing we can do with our life is to accept our imperfections and make the most out of it. Life is short so live it to the fullest.

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Pamper-Me Weekend

Still in celebration of my birthday, I decided to stay at home for the whole weekend (unless some people will invite me to watch Pirates of the Caribbean tomorrow. LOL!). And I decided to give myself a foot spa and a long overdue pedicure.

But before that and before taking a bath, I decided to remove those unwanted hair on my legs. :p I don't really shave because I hate the way the hair feels when they grow back, they are all stiff and they seem to grow thicker (I think) so what I use is Veet.

I am not really balbon but since I like to wear shorts and above the knees dresses from time to time, I prefer not to have any on my legs. :)


This is the first hair removal cream I tried and so far, I'm really satisfied with it. In a matter of 3 minutes, all hairs will be removed and it's guaranteed that when they grow back, they don't become coarse. For 2 weeks, you can enjoy hairless legs, but of course there will be little strands growing. 

Also, what I like about Veet is the pink one, the one that is for normal skin and has lotus milk and jasmine. It's also the ideal one to use since it already has a moisturizer complex. 

To know more about the product, you can visit their website at http://www.veet.com.hk/cn/veet-3-minute-hair-removal-cream.php 

After my almost one hour bath, I proceeded with my foot spa and pedicure session. My sister got me this foot spa kit for Christmas but I haven't used it yet. Since I've been feeling calluses on the soles of my feet, I decided to give it a try.

Foot spa set - this is available in all Watsons stores. It includes a Foot Soak, a Foot Scrub, Foot Lotion, Foot Spray, and a pumice stone shaped like a foot. :) The brand is Wish and it's in Lavender and Chamomile.
And now I will take you to the step-by-step process on how to do a foot spa in your own home. :)


Step 1 involves the Foot Soak and pumice stone

First, I used the Foot Soak. I just added an amount of the Foot Soak to the water and let my feet soak there for about 5 to 10 minutes. I scrubbed the soles of my feet in between the 10 minutes that my feet were soaked in the solution. The pumice stone is supposed to help loosen embedded dirt and soften calluses.

So this is me while I my feet are soaked :)

Step 2 involves the Foot scrub

So after soaking and scrubbing with pumice stone, I massaged my feet using the Foot Scrub. As directed, there should be extra effort on rough skin and hardened spots to help exfoliate the skin. In fairness, the skin really exfoliated so I guess my massage worked. Haha! :)

Step 3 involves the Foot Lotion

After the scrub, I then put the Foot Lotion on both feet. It is to replace lost skin natural oils and to invigorate skin. My feet really felt nice after putting the lotion. It felt really smooth and somewhat the skin was reborn. :)

Foot Spray

Though I really did not need it, I tried the Foot Spray - a deodorizing foot spray. It's supposed to instantly relax one's tired feet.

It was a successful foot spa. :)

What followed is the pedicure. I think it has been more than a month already since I had one. Hehe :p

Above: My pedicure stuff / Below: Nail polish
I don't really buy expensive nail polish. Most of the time, I buy them from Watsons and Landmark. When I find a really nice shade, I don't hesitate in buying it. My personal choices are Caronia and Bobby since the quality is good and I love the colors. :)

I had no intention of doing the nails on my hands but I felt I needed to do something on it as well.

See? My nails already look good even without nail polish? Haha! :p
Original plan was to just put on a layer of the natural coat or the colorless polish but I wanted to doll it up a little so I end up using the stickers I got from Watsons. 

So here are the final output.

I used the Bobby golden rose polish for my feet. Nice eh? :)
It was fun doing everything on my own. Next time, I'll try to do a real nail art and post it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment