Nobody lives a perfect life

The perfect life only comes true in dreams, a make-believe reality. And the next best thing we can do with our life is to accept our imperfections and make the most out of it. Life is short so live it to the fullest.

Friday, May 20, 2011

Birthday Week 2011 Day 6 (May 18): THE BIG DAY - And I am now 25

25.

When I was in high school, reaching the age 25 was a big deal to me. Why? It was my ideal age of getting married. Back then, it was my ideal age of being independent. By independent I mean moving out of my parent's house, having my own car, and being established in my chosen career.

And yesterday, that day finally happened. For those who know me, yes, obviously, I'm still not married. I'm happily single and dating around. :) I guess my generation does not take delight that much in getting married at the age of 25, except for those few I know who have really found the one and who are stable in all aspects to enter the married life. Anyway, I'm not bitter about it or anything. I know that I'm not yet ready for that. As for being independent, I'm getting there. I'm doing everything at a steady pace. :)

This year, unlike the past two years, I spent the whole day at home, except for those hours that I went to the mall to buy food. Yes, I already made a dinner treat to my family but I didn't want to let the day pass without indulging myself in my favorite food. :)

First Stop: Ninang's Pancit Malabon

I dropped by at Ninang's Pancit Malabon first to order for palabok and pich-pichi which they delivered around 4:00pm at our house. This branch is located at Mindanao Ave. cor. Ruby St., Banlat, Quezon City. Your landmarks would be the our church, the Our Lady of the Annunciation Parish, St. James College of Quezon City, McDonald's, and Jollibee.

This palabok is worth Php 470 and is already good for 10 persons.
I haven't been able to take a photo of the pichi-pichi but it's really cheap for its good taste. For Php 39, you already get 10 pieces.

Then I'm off to Trinoma. 

Second stop: Goldilocks
Birthdays are never complete without a cake and the default store I go to for these occasions is Goldilocks. This particular branch is located at the 1st level of Trinoma, near Dunkin Donuts. Originally, I intended to buy a cake from Conti's but since I'm already broke (for all the birthday treats), I decided to go for the universal cake shop. Haha! By the way, it was a double celebration, the 7th month of my baby brother (May 17) and my 25th birthday, thus the cake.

The birthday cake - 12 x 8 Marble Chiffon Cake

The birthday cake - 12 x 8 Marble Chiffon Cake with the birthday candles
I also bought a chocolate roll for my cousin who went to our house last Wednesday. It will be his birthday on May 22. <3 to Reggie Jr. :)

Reggie Jr. is the one being carried by my sister. I'm holding his brother, Rennel. I don't have a photo of him at the moment so I'm going to use this one taken at Bicol 2 years ago.

Third stop: Pizza Hut

All the occasions celebrated at home are always graced by pizza, either from Pizza Hut or Yellow Cab. But I'm planning to get myself a Shakey's Pizzanatic Supercard one of these days. Hehe. ;p 

To know more about the Supercard, visit their website at https://www.shakeyspizza.ph/index.asp and click on the Pizzanatic Supercard box.

And because I'm already in a slightly tipid mode, I opted for the Buy One, Take One Deal of Pizza Hut. For only Php 399, you can get two pan pizzas. This can be availed for Dine In and Take Out only. The Php 499 Buy One, Take One Deal is the one valid for delivery. For a more detailed list of their products, you can visit their website at http://www.pizzahut.com.ph/2007/index.php


Sausage and cheddar

Ham and cheddar

Fourth stop: Seattle's Best Coffee

I decided to give myself an ice-blended coffee treat today. Thanks to my Standard Chartered Card, I was able to get a Large Java Chip ice-blended drink from Seattle's Best Coffee. There are other partner establishments but ever since, I always availed this one. :) I am not a coffee-lover but I really like the ice-blended type. <3


Large Java Chip Ice-blended coffe from Seattle's Best Coffee at the 2nd Level of the Trinoma.
While waiting for the pizza and cake.
I was carrying a lot of stuff when I left Trinoma and it was beyond me how I was able to carry all of it and successfully get inside the cab. Haha! 

Cake, pizza, and ice-blended coffee

God was so good to grant me a great weather for my birthday, that is during the day, since it rained in the evening which was just perfect!

Blue and clear skies :)
And I wore my birthday blouse, the red and white-striped blouse I bought from Penshoppe the night before. The dress is too much for a celebration at home. Haha! :)


At the end of my birthday, I felt so grateful for all the blessings I received and are still receiving. Well, that does not mean to say that I am not grateful on a daily basis because I am so grateful. It's just that on May 18, I felt EXTRA SPECIAL. A lot of people texted me and posted birthday greetings on Facebook. Until today, I am still receiving birthday greetings.

I did not receive any gift, except for the uber cool necklace from Aldo I got from my sister (photo to follow), but it's all good. Just knowing that a lot of people love me and care for me is already enough. 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!!!


2 comments:

  1. wow ganda nman ng blog mo, d bale darating din yong right guy para sayo bata ka pa naman si te anacris u nga 35 na wala pa yong right guy para sa kanya hehehehe wag u me isumbong ha..

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks ate analyn! :) yes, di kita isusumbong. haha!

    ReplyDelete